In the beginning, it’s so hard to choose a blog name, at least it was for me. Or so I thought. When I finally decided to create this blog, it was definitely a challenge to come up with the name. I certainly wanted a blog name with meaning, not just something random. If I was really going to do this, then it had to be the right name, whatever that was.
In all honesty, Sincerely Christi was the first name that popped in my head when I first felt God prompting me to go on this journey. However, I didn’t accept it as a final decision right away. As I really started to seriously consider this path, I actually brainstormed a variety of options. Tossed them around for a bit, exploring and checking out the validity and availibility of each brain-stormed name.
After a few weeks passed and God began showing me a vision for this blogging journey, I came to the realization that there was really only one name that fit. Sincerely Christi. That was it. That was me.
I chose the name, Sincerely Christi, for many reasons but really, it’s a play on words. This website is symbolically me. “Sincerely” me. And of course, I’m Christi. The definition for Sincerely is true, honest, and pure. The meaning of the name Christi is follower of Christ.
I’m working on being able to live a genuine, authentic life in the best possible way, as I learn to seek God. Not promising perfection, by any means so if that’s what you are looking for here, you won’t get it here. I can assure you, I will make grammatical errors, although I will make every effort to prevent it. Haha! Grammer matters to me. And why I am on that topic, my writing voice is literally the way I would talk to you in conversation. I’m not looking to have the perfect editorial work of art. 🙂
I will make mistakes in the way I live my life. I will not always say or do the right things. But I’m striving to be my best me, not who anyone else wants me to be, or even who I imagine myself to be. My goal is to become who God wants me to be.
Not that I want to share all my “stuff” because I really don’t. If you know me at all, then you realize this is hard for me. You know, we all should have some healthy boundaries. 🙂 Speaking of boundaries, there’s an awesome book series by Henry Cloud and John Townsend. Fabulous book series. LITERALLY CHANGED MY LIFE! There are books in this series for all facets of life, marriage, kids, and teens. There is even one for dating, which is great for anyone to read before entering a relationship or currently involved in one. Also, most of these books have workbooks that can be purchased to go along with it, which just helps you get more out of them and apply what you read to your life. Great stuff!
Okay, back to what I was saying …
But pushing that “publish” button is very challenging to me, but do you know what’s even more difficult? Pushing that “Share” button in my social media to advertise Sincerely Christi. Super Hard! Oh the anxiety that brings up in me just thinking about it!
But I do believe wholeheartedly, that many of our experiences are meant to be shared for a variety of reasons. It’s through hearing the life experiences of others that we begin to connect with each other through common ideas, feelings, and experiences. Both sharing and hearing others stories and struggles validate our own feelings, and potentially challenge us to consider the perspectives of others. It even helps us to contemplate ideas we’ve never had before. We weren’t meant to live on an island alone, and I love the idea of community. I want Sincerely Christi to be a community so that we can all share our experiences in the hope that it will touch someone, somewhere. It’s a big world we live in!
Here are your concrete steps on how to choose a blog name with meaning behind it.
1. Pray First for guidance.
2. Make a list of the top 5 words that your blog is going to be about.
3. Brainstorm. I mean really brainstorm! Write down the first 15-20 blog names that come to mind. I like to do this by searching availabe domain names on Siteground, or Godaddy that way I know that my brainstormed names are real potentials.
4. Eliminate all but 5 names that don’t embody the vision, sound engaging, or like a website you would want to visit.
5. Now, with your final 5, do some research. Look up the meanings of the words and see if it really fits with the vision of you and your blog. Remember, authenticity gains comitted readers.
6. Research various social media platforms to see if the name is available. This is one that gets overlooked frequently. Remember, you are going to be developing a brand and so consistency across platforms makes it easier for people to find you and link up to you.
7. Get input from your friends and family, if you’re still conflicted about narrowing it down to 1. Sometimes when I ask input, I really start having opinions on things I didn’t think I had, before I asked. Haha! Narrow it down to just 1 and DO IT! Go ahead and jump! Sign up for Siteground web-hosting while you’re there.
Just a little something to ponder …
Throughout the Bible there are a number of verses about our words. Our words are powerful! Every time I work on Sincerely Christi, or even just say the name, it’s a reminder of my goals. More about that later, but I do want to challenge you to pay attention to the words you speak to others, but to yourself too. See if they are encouraging and uplifting.
If you’re on this bloggin journey, how did you come up with your name? Is there meaning behind it? Share your blog name with me and tell me about it! If you haven’t started this journey, and are just thinking about it, what kind of thoughts come to mind about the process of coming up with a name? Tell me what you think!